The Translator is a device that Xavier Riddle wears on his head which translates foreign languages. A running trope is that Xavier is confused by what people are saying and then Yadina reminds him to use it. He then uses his hand to adjust the dial until what they say is dubbed into English.
Instances of it being referenced in episodes include
- In Egypt to talk to Cleopatra in I Am Cleopatra
- In Germany to talk to Bach in I Am Johann Sebastian Bach
- In Poland to talk to Marie Curie in I Am Marie Curie
- In Japan to talk to:
- Tomioka Tessai in I Am Tomioka Tessai
- Junko Tabei in Xavier Riddle and the Secret Movie: I Am Madam President
- In Italy to talk to Leonardo da Vinci in I am Leonardo da Vinci
- In Russia to talk to:
Even though Brad and Yadina aren't wearing his hoodie, they also seem to be able to understand what is spoken (and their dialogue is dubbed into English for the viewers) so it might be some kind of area effect.
This not only translates what the figures say, but also appears to do the reverse as well: they are able to understand what the Riddles (and Brad) are saying to them as well.
The speakers don't appear to notice that they are speaking any other kind of language, so it is likely that what is heard on the show (and to the travelers) is meant to be loyally happening within their own minds.